Newcastle United ‘Monitoring’ Manchester United Player Situation with Premier League Rival

 Newcastle United ‘Monitoring’ Manchester United Player Situation with Premier League Rival

A glance at the Newcastle United transfer rumours today, Friday, March 25, 2022.

Both Newcastle United and Aston Villa are keeping an eye on Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba’s availability this summer.

Pogba is likely to leave Old Trafford for free later this year after joining the Red Devils for a then-world-record sum of £89 million six years ago. Pogba said in an interview with The Sun that he has been unhappy at United for some years.

Paul Pogba

He said: “The last five seasons have not satisfied me – really not at all. This year it is dead, we won’t win anything. Whether it is with Manchester United or at another club, I want to win trophies.

“Personally, it started when I was with Jose Mourinho in Manchester. You ask yourself questions, you wonder if you are at fault, because you have never experienced these moments in your life.

“Because you make money, you always have to be happy? It’s not like that, life. But, in football, it does not pass, we are however not superheroes, but only human beings.”

The Sun reports that, European giants Juventus, Real Madrid and PSG are firm favourites to land Pogba’s signature, but Newcastle and Aston Villa are reportedly monitoring the situation.

Charles de Ketelaere urged to make Premier League move amid Newcastle United interest

Charles de Ketelaere of Club Brugges has been pushed to transfer to the Premier League, with Newcastle United apparently being one of several clubs interested.

In Case You Missed It: The Goal Machine Newcastle United Should Sign this Summer who Would Tear up the Premier League – Opinion

De Ketelaere has been one of Europe’s standout performers over the last 18 months, scoring 24 goals and assisting 19 times in 112 games. In 41 games in all competitions this season, he has 17 goals and nine assists.

His impressive form has resulted in several clubs eyeing up the striker, including AC Milan, Napoli and the Magpies. Former Anderlecht and Ajax striker Jan Mulder told Sport/Voetbal Magazine the striker will continue his development more quickly if he makes a move to the Premier League.

He said: “Charles will, of course, continue his career abroad. I am curious which choice he will make. Spain and Italy are not that interesting anymore; England has the most money. But above all: you can develop the best there.

“Robin van Persie went from Feyenoord to Arsenal at the time, and six months later, he had become twice as good. Because of the high tempo, because of the intensity that makes you physically stronger as well. Charles could also handle the level of the Bundesliga, but in the Premier League, he will make even more steps.”

Read Also:

Newcastle Reportedly Want to Sign Chelsea Star, Clocked as Premier League’s Fastest Player this Season

Howe Provides Update From Dubai on Injured Magpies

Newcastle United rule out ‘superstar signings’ in summer transfer policies

According to The Telegraph, Eddie Howe will be obliged to accept a lower transfer budget for this summer’s transfer window, with the club ruling out any “expensive superstar additions.”

In the January transfer window, the Magpies spent roughly £90 million for Dan Burn, Kieran Trippier, Chris Wood, Bruno Guimares, and Matt Targett on loan.

Newcastle had been linked with a summer move for PSG striker Neymar, with the Brazilian’s future in France a source of speculation. Newcastle United are considering a bid for the tricky forward, according to Fichajes in Spain, but are unsure of the fee his current club would seek.

The Telegraph report that Eddie Howe will have a budget of around £60m of which nearly half of that will be needed if the Magpies want to sign centre back Sven Botman from Lille.